The project "CrossCulTour - Cross Marketing for Cultural Tourism" was realized between December 2008 and November 2011. After this project lifetime, the partnership continues its activities within the TRANSROMANICA Association.
CrossCulTour stands for "Cross-Marketing Strategies for Culture and Tourism". The European Cultural Route TRANSROMANICA, initiated during a former project in 2003, connects our common Romanesque heritage and had prepared the ground for CrossCulTour:
The approach was to take the results and partnership of TRANSROMANICA on to the next level. Based on the Romanesque heritage, CrossCulTour embraced further stylistic periods and cultural elements of the regions, established collaboration with marketing partners linked to cultural heritage and promoted cross-sector cooperation.
The project's aim were:
- Preservation and promotion of cultural sites and landscapes by means of an appropriate cross-marketing approach to cultural tourism
- Making cultural destinations more competitive by establishing cooperation with small and medium sized enterprises
- Opening access to markets and connecting disadvantaged regions with cultural centres by using innovative communication technologies
- Increase in employment and income
- Creation of a stronger regional and European identity for 7.6 million citizens from partner regions based on common cultural-historic roots
Find out more about realised activities by clicking on this link.