- is focussed on the common cultural heritage of the Romanesque art and architecture in Europe.
- combines 12 member regions in nine countries, forming a Romanesque network of itineraries and sites.
- is led as an international organization for promoting and valorizing this legacy and thus supporting regional and economic development.
- aims at studying the Romanesque heritage in the regions, making the sites accessible to the public, gently developing them as a marketing tool and using the monuments for cultural and tourism purposes.
- Download the statutes here.
- TRANSROMANICA was established as INTERREG IIIB CADSES project co-financed by the European Union from 2003 to 2006.
- The title of Major Cultural Route of the Council of Europe was awarded to TRANSROMANICA in 2007. This implies that the route enhances common European citizenship and is based on sharing universal values.
- An international association located in Magdeburg/Germany was founded in November 2007, now comprising further partners and running on its own budget.
- TRANSROMANICA was partner of the project CrossCulTour from 2008 to 2011. Members of the association benefited from additional activities in the field of cross marketing, combining their potentials for cultural and heritage.
- Since the beginning of 2012 TRANSROMANCA has been a partner in the e-CREATE project which is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and ended in December 2014.
- From 2017 – 2018 TRANSROMANICA recieved a fund from the Investitionsbank Saxony-Anhalt under the REGIO-program which subsidizes concepts to promote the regions in Saxony-Anhalt and their implementation. Its aim is to think globally, act locally and operate regionally. TRANSROMANICA received the fund to revise and edit its Travel Magazine and Sales Manual as a new print and online publication, to develope bookable travel offers for customers, to implement a Bloggers trip on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the „Route of the Romanesque“ (Strasse der Romanik) in Saxony-Anhalt and to develop and redesign the website which corresponds to the current technical standards.
- Since 2020 TRANSROMANICA is one of 12 European partners in the IMPACTOUR-project funded by the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation which main ambition it is to create an innovative and easy-to-use methodology and tool to measure and assess the impact of Cultural Tourism (CT) on European economic and social development and to improve Europe’s policies and practices on CT, strengthening its role as a sustainable driving force in the growth and economic development of European regions.
|Focus||Establishment of a network for Romanesque heritge in Europe||Cross-Marketing Strategies for Culture and Tourism||Increasing the competitiveness of service-oriented tourism enterprises in rural areas along cultural routes especially by engaging th use of modern technologies|
|Project Lifetime||November 2003
|Budget||Total: 2.1 Mio €
ERDF Funding: 1.3 Mio €
|Total: 2.2 Mio €
ERDF Funding: 1.7 Mio €
|Total: 1.9 Mio €
ERDF Funding: 1.3 Mio €
Norwegian Funding: 118,000 €