With its TRANSROMANICA Journey of Sound, the Carinthian TRANSROMANICA network aims at making Romanesque heritage accessibly to a broad public by means of music. At the same time, the features of this cultural heritage are to be presented.
The love for God and the love for people inspired authors and musicians in the Middle Ages to create new forms of art. Following the examples set by the Southern French troubadours, men in the courtly environment practiced a new form of love poetry – Minnesang. This is in the center of the concert played by Harmonia Variabilis – Salzburger Ensemble für Alte Musik.
During the following days, various events will pick up on the theme and include further areas of medieval life and Romanesque culture.
Event concert with Harmonia Variabilis – „Minnesang vom Alpenrand zum Donaustrand”
- Thursday, 25 August; 8:15 PM | Millstatt Abbey
- Cat. A € 21,-; Cat. B € 19,-
- bookable at www.musikwochen.com
further events in Millstatt – Theme Days “Middle Ages”:
Guided Tour „TRANSROMANICA – Romanesque heritage in Millstatt”
- Friday, 26 August: 2:00 PM | meeting point: at the lime tree in the abbey courtyard
- no pre-registration required
- tour in German language
Medievally inspired feast menu
- Friday, 26 August: 5:45 PM | Hotel See-Villa
- pre-registration until 19 August 2016
- bookable at firstname.lastname@example.org
- presentation of film related to the themes “Romanesque” and “Middle Ages”
- Saturday, 27 August: 10:30 AM | Millino – Kino Millstatt
- bookable at www.kino-millstatt.at