Europe has come on a long path since Schuman’s declaration back in 1950 and, on 9 May we will celebrate peace and unity across Europe. While all the planet is still struggling to overcome the terrible effects of the COVID-19 crisis, Cultural Tourism is playing a huge palliative role by sharing Europe’s rich cultural diversity.
Under the auspices of the Portuguese Government, and with full collaboration from the Slovenian Government, the H2020 IMPACTOUR project is proud to announce the ReDiscover Europe Workshop which will take place on 9 May 2021 from 10:00 to 17:00 CET.
The ReDiscover Europe Workshop will provide a unique opportunity to discuss the role of sustainable Cultural Tourism in today’s Europe. Besides important keynote presentations the workshop will be organized in three key panel debates with catalyst viewpoints from policy makers, scientific researchers, industry and cultural tourism practitioners:
- Theme 1: Post-COVID cultural tourism – What have we learned? What might we do differently? An opportunity for Big / SMART Data?
- Theme 2: People – Accessibility. Inclusion/exclusion. Market needs.
- Theme 3: Technology – Digital gateways. Mobile interactive content/co-curation. Dynamic modelling. Tourism management.
High level representatives from a large number of organizations have already confirmed their participation. These include:
- Portuguese Government
- Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe
- COST Association
- European Travel Commission
- European Tourism Association
The workshop will take place online and will be free of charge with mandatory registration.
Please, visit the conference website for programme details and registration!