Havelberg was mentioned for the first time in 948 in a document as a diocesan town, but the construction of the Dom St. Marien cathedral and the premonstratense monastery which is a part of it began only in the XIIth century. Today the cathedral, consecrated in 1170, is the most characteristic building of Havelberg. It has Gothic and Romanesque elements; the later are the reason why the “Road of the Romanesque Period” passes through the town. The Paradiessaal and the cathedral cloister have excellent acoustic and have often been concerts venues. Also very interesting is the 100 years old Prignitz-Museum.